Thread: News Article: Wednesday's Larry Brooks...
View Single Post
Old
09-17-2008, 12:28 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Tom does have a love for Betts - but I do believe he wants to get more offense out of his third and fourth lines, so there is a dilemma of sorts. He also love Orr. So if you start with Orr and Betts as your fourth liners, his dream of offense from that lines pretty much vanishes immediately. His other option is to play them 4-5 minutes per game (and increase Betts' PK time a bit so he still gets about 8-9 minutes per game). As well, it's a bit frightening to think (at least for me) that in Renney's mind he can see Nedved on the fourth line providing offense.
If he wants to roll 4 lines ala Buffalo of 2 years ago..he's gonna have to involve Korpedo. I'd rather see Nedved over Sjostrom, personally, also.

It's really tough with Betts....he's not make too many plays if he's centering the 4th line...but does have a lot of value to the team. It's a touchy situation. I think Orr is needed vs. any team with substantial size and/or a heavyweight, but can be switched out.

I can see the 4th line being switched from a fast/scoring type line to a tougher, grittier, more defensive-based line on a nightly basis depending on opponent.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote