Thread: News Article: Wednesday's Larry Brooks...
View Single Post
Old
09-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
If he wants to roll 4 lines ala Buffalo of 2 years ago..he's gonna have to involve Korpedo. I'd rather see Nedved over Sjostrom, personally, also.

It's really tough with Betts....he's not make too many plays if he's centering the 4th line...but does have a lot of value to the team. It's a touchy situation. I think Orr is needed vs. any team with substantial size and/or a heavyweight, but can be switched out.

I can see the 4th line being switched from a fast/scoring type line to a tougher, grittier, more defensive-based line on a nightly basis depending on opponent.
Korpedo first has to prove he is a CONSISTENTabove average AHL player before he is given a spot on the Rangers...I think a half a season in hartford will do him wonders and, besides, there just isn't room for him right now no matter which way Renney goes on the 4th line---and it will also be better for him to 15-20 mins a night instead of 7....As for Nedved and Sjostrom, I can do without either but I think Sjostron will provide good dpeth on the 4th line..

And I agree with your last point that we should have enouggh players, depth, and abilities to switch up our 4th line on a nightly basis.....which brings me to...

"Tom Renney on his hopes for the fourth line this year: Id like to see more production. What we got out of that line is real, good solid play. They were able to shut down some very good lines this league. But Id like to see more production.

He better be open minded on this one..Defense may just be what we need early on, especially to help the new D-men, and you gotta be careful about sacrificing it for just a few more goals..But if we can get both, bring it on....

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote