Thread: News Article: Wednesday's Larry Brooks...
View Single Post
Old
09-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
15-20 points for Betts? Never. The guy played about 8 consecutive games on the second line (two seasons ago?) - with Shanny - couldn't muster up a point. He fails to muster up points when he plays with better offensive players because that's not his game. Playing with better offensive players will automatically make him score or assist. His game is an up and down game. He skates up the ice, doesn't care who's with him, shoots and goes back on 'd' right away. Rarely will he pass, or pass successfully. His game is extremely simple, very defensive-oriented, that other offensive-minded players' abilities will be stifled by playing with Betts. This isn't meant to bash Betts, but this is what I believe to be true. He's good at keeping the puck out of the net behind him. To me, that's a five minute per game job, plus PK time, which gets him to about 9 minutes per game, as well as late in the game situations. If you want scoring from your fourth line, you're going to have to play another centerman occasionally on that line in hopes to get that (i.e., double-shift Dubi, which would get him to play more ice time, or if Drury's a winger, have him center the fourth line occasionally; mix it up). It's not going to come from Betts.

Couldnt have said it better myself. I could try, but i would not be successful.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote