Old
09-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42 View Post
Inebriator -- Heard there was an unknown Russian forward who has been at camp, any idea on who it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
That might have been the guy playing center whose number was unlisted on the roster. He looked decent, whoever it was
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42 View Post
yeah that seems to be all the information that anyone knows.

thanks
Are you talking about Igor Karlov? Hes a local kid actually. Same age as me, I grew up playing with and against him. He's a smooth skater with a pretty decent shot but hates to pass. Dont let the name fool you, he's from PA. He might have been born in Russia but Ive known the kid for a long time and he's always spoken perfect english which leads me to believe he has been in PA for much longer than I have known him which is since he was maybe 12 or so. I played with him this past summer and he was telling me about the russian league he played him and how he was hoping for a spot on an east coast team. He is for sure good enough to play in the ECHL and could fight for a spot on the phantoms but even that is unlikely. Hes 23 I believe so its not like hes a kid straight out of juniors. I said it on another thread buit I'll repeat it here, Im guessing he is a guy that helped fill spots they needed for the little tourny they are having, or maybe they are trying him out for a phantoms spot. Its highly unlikely you will ever see him in the NHL.