View Single Post
Old
09-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
I read in the paper today that the last time Timmins spoke to Emelin and his agent was back in april. I can't listen to the interview here at work but does it mention when Timmins last talked to the Emelin clan?

There was also a comment from Timmins about Maxim Trunev. He decided to stay in Russia instead of coming over to play in the OHL. Timmins was disappointed. That and the previous comments made by Trunev makes me wonder about his desire to ever cross the Atlantic instead of staying at home in the KHL. There's plenty of time ahead for him, but it hasn't looked good, yet.
Last time Timmins talked to Emelin was in April or that's what I understood as well. As far as Trunev is concerned, it seems more a question of the kid wanting to crack a KHL lineup and being able to play in the U-20. I do read that there is an interest from the kid to play in NA though. Right now, while I'm frustrated to not see him in the Q, we have to take it as a win-win situation since he's staying in Russia. He doesn't play, he'll be frustrated and come after his contract expired. He plays, he becomes a better player but still can come if he wants to. But I'm trying to convince myself of this 'cause I would have wanted to see him so much in the Q.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote