View Single Post
Old
09-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
I like Bouillon, Gorges and OByrne fine as a regular season 4,5,6, they did great in the second half of last season and should start this one on that note. BUT the habs still need another vet D man around incase someone goes down. We would be finished in the playoffs if Markov, Komisarik, or Hamrlik got injured (maybe even Gorges at this point) and Briesbois replaces them, he's too soft and error prone in the D zone, need a veteren guy who's stronger, more reliable and knows some tricks, preferrably a canadian who will play his heart out for the cup too.
As of Today, we have 8th Dman because Dandenault is still considered a D.
We do not need any Veteran D, Markov-Hamrlik-Bouillon-Brisebois are all good veterans, Dandy is a veteran but he sucks. Komisarek is not a youngster anymore, he's got his share of experience as well. That leaves O'Byrne and Gorges as our youngsters.

Everybody keep saying we need a 4th D, saying they're not sold on O'Byrne yet and I don't blame them, kid only has 33GP. But nobody speaks of Gorges as 4th. He came a long way last season and proved to be a solid D, I wouldn't be surprised if its him Gainey/Carbo see as our 4th.
O'Byrne would then pair up with Bouillon to make a duo that would be sure to crush some opposing fowards against the boards.

I think that's the plan, even if Gorges and Hamrlik are both lefties. Unless O'Byrne really shows tremendous improvement, I see him getting paired with Hamrlik to gain experience, but if Gorges is as far ahead of O'Byrne as he was last year, he'll get the spot IMO.