Thread: Tidbits
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2004, 08:49 AM
NYR469

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
I dont understand why sather wont drive hard for Ovechkin. The guy is a sure superstar! I mean really if you wanna rebuild then the best place to start is with Ovechkin. The Rangers havent been this high in a draft in while it seems and now your in a rebuilding mode and need a franchise player. Get him! Dont let the Panthers or hawks get him. Because then we'll all be watching him be a star on one of those teams and we'll be saying we could of had him. Its ridiculous. Sather has alot and i mean alot of stock so use it! i'd be willing to part with possibly 3 seconds and (i'd only give this up) 24th plus prospects for a guy you know will be a superstar.
i can almost guarantee that sather is trying to get ovechkin and there isn't a person on the planet that wouldn't want him...but that doesn't mean that you give up anything and everything to get him...

but as much as we need a player like ovechkin, we also need depth so you can't afford to give up several prospects and several picks...

and if you think a couple 2nd rounders and the 24th pick is gonna get it done you are wrong...try starting with lundmark, tyutin, 6th & 24th...then after all other 29 teams get done bidding you'll probably have to toss in balej and next years 1st too. getting him will cost a TON