Thread: Allsvenskan: Malmö Redhawks Thread
View Single Post
Old
09-18-2008, 03:11 PM
calgarylen13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
Can't complain about the start with an 8-0 win.

Looks like we are searching for a new backup goalie though with Hurme missing a couple of months.
If I have to be honest, I am glad that Hurme is out...it gives Karlsson a chance to solidify himself as the number 1, which I think he will do. He started well last night, 33 save shutout.

Karlsson was the only shining light in Hammarby's season last year, and I think he would've got us up to Elitserien if the coaches played him in any one of the last 4 games of Kvalserien. Hurme choked...and has shown he is an inconsistent goalie.

I think if we can get a reasonable backup, then Hurme should be sent packing when he returns. That said he would be a good backup, if we have no alternative, but for his price?

I wasn't at the game last night (had to work), and won't be at the Bjorkloven game either, so any info on how we played is much appreciated. I have read bits and pieces on the web, and I am wrapped with the result. Impressed by Alvarez, who showed potential last season but didn't put the puck away. He did twice last night which I think is fantastic.

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote