View Single Post
Old
09-18-2008, 09:06 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
The Pens are way too hard to predict, in my opinion. A lot of roster turnover and the loss of Hossa (which was the one thing that made them a lot scarier -- as the Rangers stuck with them most games before his acquisition).

The Flyers are the class of the Atlantic right now, in my opinion. Though I'm never going to be sold on their goaltending (as I see Biron as a 2nd class starter), their depth is unmatched.

The Devils will be solid simply based on Brodeur. They have relatively nothing of note besides him, but the addition of Rolston will certainly help this year in their offensive category.

The Islanders are the Islanders. Cellar dwellers who will steal some games now and then based really only on Dipietro. Horrible team that's been perpetually rebuilding for the last decade.

The Rangers, like the Pens, are going to be extremely hard to predict. We can either do really great if the chemistry comes early, or we can be battling for 8th place at the trade deadline if it doesn't.

Prediction:

1. Flyers
2. Devils*
3. Rangers/Pens
4. Rangers/Pens
5. Islanders

I see them finishing ahead of us for chemistry reasons alone. We will likely be able to handle them in the season and post-season yet again, in my opinion. But their chemistry is already there with a lack of real turnover and it will greatly help their team that simply doesn't have many great pieces outside of Brodeur.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote