View Single Post
Old
06-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
realistic trading assets

Heading into the draft, it sounds like there is certainly a lot of discussion going on amongst leage GMs, and that there will be a lot of opportunity for teams to move up or down in the draft if they are willing to deal. But I sort of feel like the Habs are one team that aren't positioned well to be involved. In order to get into this racket, you have to have some personnel to offer up. And I don't think we have much right now...

Thedore/Garon... can't be traded, IMO. We have no replacement for either one. Garon's market value is much lower than his real value to us.

D...
Markov, Souray, Rivet, Komisarek... too valuable to us to trade for "fair value"
Brisebois... his contract would scare anybody away
Bouillon... nobody would want him

F...
Koivu, Bulis, Ryder, Ribeiro, Zednik... too valuable to us to trade for "fair value"
Begin, Ward, Dagenais... nobody would want them
Sundstrom... mmmaybe...

Basically, I'm finding it hard to construct any realistic potential for the Habs to get involved in the trading market. We have a relatively low-profile serviceable RFA forward in Sundstrom and perhaps a couple of rapidly-becoming-questionable prospects in Hossa and Hainsey who represent our only realistic assets with any market potential.