View Single Post
Old
09-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
I think Trunev wants to play in America and I also think that he made a wrong move in deciding remaining in Russia. He isn't almost playing, while in the CHL he could have more chances.
But i understand and appreciate his decision, after all the KHL is a way better league than CHL (no offense) and playing there theoretically is a good thing for a youngster, plus it's being willing to fight for a place in a big team - grabbing a CHL spot would have been much easier - is a sign of good attitude.
Excellent point.

Trunev is a very young fellow and he'll have to play against older people, against experience and a high level of talent. I doubt a year in the KHL will set his development back at all. With players his age, a continent away from the NHL, I am not in the least surprised to see them play closer to home.

It's not every kid on Earth who can up and leave their home and go settle halfway around the world to ride the bus in the CHL. If he really is a special talent, and really does have a desire to compete against the best, he'll come over. I don't think there's any harm in letting him find his feet as a professional player in the KHL.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote