View Single Post
Old
09-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I'm gonna have to argue with that word "established". After struggling for 6 of 7 NHL seasons, he was sent down to the AHL, and will likely be there for at least another year. Sure, he has a lot of NHL games under his belt and is a former #1 pick, but there are roughly 60 goaltenders out there (many similar in price) that I would rather have as the Habs' back up (including rookies/prospects I would be more inclined to give a chance to). I reckon Denis won't even smell the NHL until he leads the AHL in goalie stats, or is playing like an all-star up to, and after Christmas or the all star break. Unless there are injuries, of course (god forbid).

And Halak isn't going to be going anywhere until he complains to Carbs/Gainey about ice time/starts or until he gets an offer sheet we're not willing to match in the 2010-11 RFA period. Seriously, despite the strength at the goalie position, it's the only position we don't have a lot of depth at.
I wouldn't say hes struggled for 6 of 7 NHL seasons.... I thought he was decent, but not great till he got to Tampa.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote