View Single Post
Old
09-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Lodewijk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
Wow, someone's bitter.

What's going to be truly comical is when Tyutin is the guy who actually bolts to Russia, while Zherdev remains in NY (which he says he already loves, especially Manhattan).

It's not bitterness, dude, just disappointment.

For a guy that showed flashes of greatness from the day he arrived here, he NEVER played with ANY heart.

We sat through a big ordeal to get him snuck out of Russia in the middle of the night, which cost the club a bunch of coin, only to have him return there in the off season and friggin HOLD OUT there 2 years later.

Then he refused to learn any English, making us sign a bad contract to get Feds, in hopes that a mentor could help turn him around......it didn't work, and we WAY overpaid for Federov in the process.

On the ice....he's too cute ! Don't get me wrong, he's got unbelievable hands and puck handling skills, but you'll see, he consistently turns the puck over in the neutral zone and gives up odd man rushes.......it's just frustrating.

I'm not hating on the guy , really ! I've still got a ton of his gear, Jerseys, t-shirts, etc.. But I'm now convinced he will go down as another talent that goes unrealized.

Lodewijk is offline   Reply With Quote