View Single Post
Old
09-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Pred303

vCash: 500
thoughts from camp

got a chance to go to the morning session this morning, won't get to go to the afternoon one. felt good to smell the ice. some brief observations;

..legwand looked sharp, especially shooting the puck
..dumont looked a step slow, a little out of shape maybe
..hornqvist looked nervous, like he was pressing, but has a pretty good shot
..weber looked bigger. hate they still list him at 213, he's obviously not. weights haven't been updated.
..suter, weber, zanon and klein all skated well. this team is going to have to win games with these defensemen
..gratton is smaller than the stats say. he was actually about the same height as hornqvist with them standing side by side
..jones looked much smaller than i expected and showed very little today.
..thought peverley was hurt and was going to miss the first week? he practiced.
..ellis looked pretty sharp.
..surprise, this is going to be an offensively challenged bunch.

you walk away from watching these guys and you cann't help but think they'll be a team most will identify with. a team of relative nobodies, that will try to overachieve. a team that should be a scrappy, hustling bunch of youngsters. i saw nothing that convinces me we have the raw talent to be better than about an 85 point team, but you hope that scrappiness and desire combine with what should be an excellent defensive 6, and that that combined with solid goaltending (fingers crossed) and more defensive oriented forward play will mean this team can be in virtually every game all year with a chance to win every night.

at least, that's the hope.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote