View Single Post
Old
09-20-2008, 08:20 PM
sandersonian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
Is he 6'5? I think hes 6'3, but your point is well taken. However, Mikko is the tall drink of water out there as far as the forwards go, he is 6'5, or at the very least the tallest forward I saw. Pretty skilled too.. he impressed me.

I think we have plenty of big young guys that could come up and be a physical threat (unless your talking about strictly fighting) that are better prospects than Bitz, at least in my opinion, them being obviously Wheeler, Knackstedt and Marquardt. We definitely have some size down in Provi... and its clear management is in love with size, and its well-founded considering thats one thing we lack in the up front seeing as Lucic is really all there is.
Both Bitz and Mikko listed at 6'5 in today's roster handouts, but Mikko is a 21-year old rookie with 20 points and only 12 PIMs in 42 games last year for Espoo.
Compared to 27 points and 70 PIMs in 60 games in Providence, Bitz seems to play a tougher game and theoretically is a step away in the AHL, so a pivotal year for him in Providence. We'll see.

sandersonian is offline   Reply With Quote