View Single Post
Old
09-21-2008, 01:03 PM
flyersfan97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
The first clash of the season, even if it is pretty insignificant. Very nice GDT. I especially enjoyed...

"2000 -- May 26 -- In Game 7, Patrik Elias' second goal of the game, with 2:32 left in the third period, snapped a 1-1 tie. Elias gave NJ a 1-0 lead 20 seconds into a PP early in the first, about a minute before Scott Stevens drilled Eric Lindros. Rick Tocchet evened the game with a PP in the second period. Philly outshot NJ 27-18. The NHL fined the Flyers $10,000 after the game due to the lack of disclosure of information regarding the Lindros injury."

Ha, I kid I kid. Here's to a good season of rivalry fellas and fellettes.
I intentionally skipped over the entire 1995-1999 section as well as all of 2000.

Personally, I prefered this one:

2004 -- April 17 -- In Game 5, Danny Markov's 40-foot wrist shot with 5:23 to play snapped a 1-1 tie and Robert Esche made 31 saves in the Flyers' series clinching victory. Sami Kapanen added an ENG. Scott Niedermayer scored NJ's lone goal which snapped Robert Esche's shutout streak at 106:36. Alexei Zhamnov had two points, including a goal that made it 1-0 in the first period. Igor Larionov played his final NHL game. Philly went 4-for-12 on the PP after ending the regular season on a 1-for-37 skid.

Good luck to you guys in the upcoming season as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
The longer the better, that is my motto.
Yes, but it has been said that good things come in small packages.

Quote:
No love for Madness?
He-he, it brought me right back to the 80's. I think I spent most of my teenaged years sitting in front of the TV watching MTV.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote