Thread: Johan Fransson
View Single Post
Old
06-25-2004, 12:47 AM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief
Four years from now there will be many teams wondering why the didn't pick Fransson when they had the shot. He is the best skater in this draft IMHO. We have him ranked top 20 at younggunshockey.com. Our biggest reach in the draft. We just can't say enough good things about Fransson. No way I see him being around at #36. If so, the Rangers have the steal of the draft.

Hedman's more of a solid all around player who needs to play more physical to make it in the NHL. Got a lot of prime minutes in the SEL this past season. We've got him pegged to go in the 3rd round.

Lepisto had a great tournament, played in his home country. If he played like that all the time no one would question his future. We've got him ranked after Hedman.
Yea, Everything I've read about Fransson has been very good. I hate to spout off about a player I haven't seen, but he really sounds like the total package. I might take him at 24 depending on who's available, (I like Lyamin, GREEN, maybe a forward falls). I do have a fondness for Swedes though...