Thread: fritsche
View Single Post
Old
09-22-2008, 01:41 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
the thing i see is the large similarities bewtween dubinsky and him....same age....abou the same size....play with a lot of energy.....not afraid to drop the gloves.....i know he has never gotten consistent time on the top-2 lines but withthe way the top-2 lines are being assembled a player like callahan, dubi or fritsche would be a perfect fit to add some grit and sandpaper to those lines.....it doesnt mean he is a legit top-2 line player, but he fits the need which could boost his learning curve(look at dubi)
True, we'll get a better read of how he plays the next few weeks - but im hesitant to compare him to Dubi just yet. Anyone of those guys could move up if need be though, youre right.

SupersonicMonkey (great name btw) - I dont feel Dubinsky is being "wasted" on the third line. Did you feel that way about Drury last season?

I'm not disputing your ideas for the third line, they all could work - but I like the idea of spreading out the middle of the ice with Gomez-Drury and Dubinsky.

We may very well see a combination like any one of those later in the year if things dont work out. But i think that the third line of Fritsche-Dubi-Cally is going to get about the same minutes as the second line anyway.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote