View Single Post
Old
09-22-2008, 03:05 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
True, we'll get a better read of how he plays the next few weeks - but im hesitant to compare him to Dubi just yet. Anyone of those guys could move up if need be though, youre right.

SupersonicMonkey (great name btw) - I dont feel Dubinsky is being "wasted" on the third line. Did you feel that way about Drury last season?

I'm not disputing your ideas for the third line, they all could work - but I like the idea of spreading out the middle of the ice with Gomez-Drury and Dubinsky.

We may very well see a combination like any one of those later in the year if things dont work out. But i think that the third line of Fritsche-Dubi-Cally is going to get about the same minutes as the second line anyway.
I felt Drury was being wasted somewhat on the third line. But he was still incredibly productive from that spot.

I like Fritsche, i like his versatility and his speed. I like Korpikoski for the same reasons.

The thing with all of this is that if Dubinsky is on the third line, along with Callahan, there is no chance for someone like Korpikoski to earn a spot out of camp. And, i think the team would benefit from having Korpikoski.

And then again, what of Prucha? He still has something to add to this team, as well.

Renney and his staff really have their work cut out for them.

The way i see it is this, if Dubinsky is on the second line, you bump Drury to a wing and instantly have two solid lines at the top.

This opens up a spot on the third line.

If you drop Callahan to the 4th line, adding skill and speed to that line, which the Rangers claim they want the 4th line to be more skillful and productive.

That would open another spot on the 3rd line. Then you can add BOTH Prucha AND Korpikoski. Add Sjostrom's speed and defense to the 4th line. And only sacrifice guys who have VERY limited ability anyway (Orr and Voros).

Now your team is fast, skilled, versatile, and solid defensively, too.

Orr and Voros can be used when necessary.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote