Thread: fritsche
View Single Post
Old
09-22-2008, 02:32 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Monkey-

Its nice to think that a lineup like that would work, and it might.

But I dont see Renney dropping Cally to the 4th, neither do I see Voros and Orr sitting at the same time. One of the weaknesses of the team is size, i think its almost a given that youll see either Voros or Orr in the lineup.

When you have Zherdev, Gomez, Naslund, Prucha, Drury, Dawes, etc. getting targeted you need someone to do the dirty work and thats what Voros and Orr are there for, so Dubinsky doesnt have to (try to).

I really want to see Korpikoski in the lineup as well, and he might make the fourth line, possibly the 3rd. But is he being mismanaged on the 4th as would Callahan? I think so. I can see Korpikoski get called up in a heart beat if theres an injury or demotion of Callahan or Fritsche. Thats the beauty of having that type of depth.

As far as Sjostrom goes, I was giddy over him last year because they needed some speed and skill down on the bottom two lines. But right now hes got to show a lot more if he wants to make this team. I think there could be a spot for him, but its got to be on the 4th line right now. I think hed be capable of that with either a Voros or Orr on his opposite wing.

As much as i like him, Korpo, Fritsche and Callahan are all above him on the depth chart right now, the thing that might save his ass though is his experience on the 4th line. the Rangers most likely wont have Korpo on the fourth, but then again I could be very wrong with all of this.

Whats hilarious is Rissmiller, where the **** he fits in i have NO IDEA.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 09-22-2008 at 02:37 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote