Old
09-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
Gimme my prize now!!

Oh, don't worry. I knew that Smyth was bumped down to the 3rd line in favor of Foppa with Stastny and the Duke.

I also read when you said about Tucker = Bruno, that was also just another wrong comparison since I can't recall Bruno being a presence in front of the net as much as he was a presence behind the net. Maybe you are getting Tucker mixed up with Smyth?

But until I see how well Tucker does with Arny [since like you said, you have a "feeling" you haven't seen them play so its just speculation] as well as Jones it'd be stupid to Bump Smyth down in favor for Tucker especially when Smyth had shown chemistry with Stastny and Hejduk.

I don't even agree with the lines that you quoted originally.

I'd rather go for the top 6:

Wolski - Sakic - Svatos
Smyth - Stastny - Hejduk

Given, if there is no chemistry between the players this line will obviously change but judging from last season and seeing how Sakic/Wolski had good chemistry and Smyth - Stastny - Hejduk had good chemistry. To suggest bumping a player down to increase your security of a line that would hardly so anything with Arny centering and destroy a possible effective line that has shown to succeed in the past is just ineffective.

Given, I am not saying that I am write and Smyth very well will be playing on the 3rd line some nights since we've seen that the lines don't always clicked at times and moving them around once in a while [not each period like Q] might help.

I just wouldn't see Tucker as effective player on the line with Joe as Smyth and Woslki would. I don't support what you said, but it could well happen. No need for you to overreact if someone has contradiction to your point.
A'ight, fair enough. I've been on record as saying this season will be a disaster anyway, so I'll be more than happy if all my mighty prognostications are proven wrong.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote