View Single Post
Old
09-22-2008, 05:27 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I can't make any sense of your lines when you have the team's best playmaker not playing with at least one of the team's two best scorers. I think you stretched a bit in an attempt to get Dubi some decent stats this season. I don't profess to have the optimal line since I'm stubborn and have been keeping Drury at center (for many reasons), but I think any talk about lines needs to start with Gomez centering one of Zherdev or Naslund, at least to start things off. I think Naslund is the better complement of the two, if I had to choose one. And if Drury is moved to wing, I think, unfortunately, that the left wing makes the most sense to take advantage of a nice shot he has and I've seen from the off wing, and this team is long on guys who are better on the left side than right side.
I'm calling it now. Zherdev will not form on ice chemistry with Gomez.

Gomez needs a guy to follow him up the ice and shoot off the rush.

Zherdev is the guy who likes to rush the puck as well. Having two of them together seems redundant. Spread it out.

And the reason i put Drury on the RW (although i always advocate scorers being on their off wing) is because of the fact that you yourself mentioned. The team is weaker on the right side. And other guys like Prucha would really be less effective on the right side. And you know Zherdev is a right shot and plays on the right wing. Sometimes guys feel more comfortable that way.

Perhaps Dawes could play on the RW? It has to be seen. He is another one that feels more comfortable as a left shot on the left wing.

Dawes and Gomez are fantastic passers, and they showed great chemistry last year. I'd like to see that again.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote