View Single Post
Old
09-22-2008, 07:39 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post
My own opinion: bring up Subban now, for good. On the 2nd PP, he can learn on the job.

Valentenko should be able to fill in if injuries hit. I really hope to see him play a handful of games if possible. Weber and Carle would be the 9th and 10th D unless they would rather go with someone with at least some nhl experience with Henry or Belle as the 9th and 10th D, which hopefully we won't have a need for.

The next year we could see Valentenko move up to the NHL, with Carle and Weber hopefully taking another big step in their development and you would add Subban, Paquet and possible McDonagh and or Fischer and or Emelin, so after this year we could be loaded with young D on the farm.

As for using Subban now, no way. I am very high on Subban's future, I love his upside but I don't want to rush him at all, in fact I hope they go slow with him. Next year we can see how he does at the AHL level, give him a good bit of time down there to have him round out his game. For me, if he can improve on his hockey sense, he could turn into one heck of an NHLer down the road as he has a number of interesting intagabiles like skating, speed, strength, offensvie skills and physical game. That's a nice combo of skills to have in a young player so let him learn his position level by level and see how he does.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote