View Single Post
Old
09-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
I was quite impressed with Parenteau tonight. To be honest it was the first time I've seen the guy play, so I have to assume he played above average, otherwise I'm not sure why he hasn't gotten a call-up by now. Seems to have good hockey sense and made some very nice passes. However, he didn't take many shots for a goal-scorer.

Korpikoski and Anisimov did well despite not getting a ton of ice-time. They did an absolutely bang-up job of forechecking, but until Korpi tipped in that goal, I didn't notice them a whole lot in terms of scoring chances.

Callahan had a great game Saturday. I was really impressed with him.

Fritsche didn't impress me at all. I heard his name once, and that was during a highlight of him getting knocked on his rear.

Sjostrom looked like nothing has changed since last year.

Rissmiller was okay, but nothing special.

Voros was great. I do think he has more to contribute in terms of offense, but brings that grit to the table as well. I love finally having a big body in front of the net. He could stand to work on his balance, but he looks like he'd be hard to move from the top of the crease.

Didn't see much out of Kalinin aside from the "hooking" call on Vermette. He has good speed, but didn't notice much else.

Sangs looked lost out there. Surprising that Del Zotto seemed much more comfortable on the ice despite defending better players.

As painful as it is, you'd have a hard time convincing me that Nedved wasn't our best player out there. The guy was FLYING! My real question is: Can he keep that up for an entire season? I'm not so sure.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote