Thread: Line Combos: How good are we?
View Single Post
Old
09-23-2008, 04:31 AM
jfc64

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Well, on paper that lineup looks like it'll score plenty, but DEAR LORD Tucker and Arnie on the same line would be about as effective defensively as, well, the Broncos. Still, not to diss on your combos, I'm not sure what else you can do to mitigate that situation. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Tucker work with Sakic, I have a feeling that line might actually work--seeing as how Tucker is similar to Bruno (not a lot of speed, but has presence in front of the net). Maybe bump Smyth to third line, I don't know.

I really hope this is Wolski's breakout season. It's about time he finally play up to his potential and show some freaking consistency.

Agree with the lines looking suspect, just wanted to include all the players with one way contracts, plus Stastny, And have some kind of "falling" skill system with the best LW first and the second one second etc, to make comparisons between teams easier. Sakic with Tucker is a great idea, I think. Another thought is that Tucker might help Hensick to shine on a third line. You know, taking the heat, lead the way etc. Ledin might be a good fit on that line since he knows what to do, both defensively and offensively. Question is if his lower skill level will ruin that line. 35 assists from Ledin?

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote