Old
09-23-2008, 03:03 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda of the chains View Post
I also made the game.
I was impressed by Spaling's play as well. Was that Mark or Mike Santorelli that scored? I could have sworn it was Mike-- which one is 53? He looked good out there, but it could just be the level of competition making him look good, I am by no means an expert. I thought Jones was pretty sound but not spectacular. Neither he nor Spaling is afraid to go into the high traffic zone in front of the net.
As far as Dietrich, man, what did the scouts see in this guy? I sure missed it. It is obvious Franson still is a project. They guy's shots were off, he made some turnovers on the PP that were Zidlicky-esqe, to coin a phrase. Pickard just seemed to exude a composure in net. Very smooth, very calm. I could see his potential for sure. Better not to rush this guy, he could be special if properly groomed.
Mike is #53 and is the more natural sniper of the two.

As for Dietrich, he was injured A LOT last season and he could be experiencing the Finley Effect (injuries -> unrealized potential). Either that, or he was just a flash in the pan in 06/07, which were the exact words I used when I described the pick...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote