View Single Post
Old
09-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
i would think that the rangers are going to go young and unproven to start the season. for a few reasons. 1 they need another top 6 forward. if they some how got sundin then they'd be complete w/ drury as wing, and even now they might be complete if they move dubinsky to wing or move dubinsky to 2nd line center and still convert captain clutch to wing. but i do not htink that either of them will be converted. so for that purpose the rangers have an empty top 6 forward. Dawes will be most probably the fill in unless its nedved...nedved?!?!!?!?

So for that sole purpose of hte lack of a talented goal scorer in the top 2 lines the Rangers will go young early and show their prospects. That way we can trade for a Marian Gaborik or Johnathon Cheechoo at the deadline with those now exposed prospects. Parenteau seems to me like a candidate to stay with the Rangers for a LONG time if he produces. The guy is gonna be a beast in the NHL. Id like to see Drury converted to winger and Dubinsky take 2nd line Center, Animisov brought up to play 3rd line along w/ Korpedo and Dawes. Callahan i feel will be a bust this year atleast for some part of it. He will not maintain any level of excellence for the entirety of the year. The most we can hope for is a bad begining and a very nice ending like he did for us last year. That way we can try out Parenteau out on 4th line. See what he's made of. Maybe if Callahan starts out good we can use him in the package for Gaborik. =)

Im hoping to begin the year we have this lineup

Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Dawes-Dubinsky-Drury
Nedved-Animisov-Callahan
Parenteau-Fritsche-Korpedo

And to finish the year we have

Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Gaborik-Dubinsky-Drury
Dawes-Animisov-Callahan
Nedved/Parenteau-Fritsche-Korpedo

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote