View Single Post
Old
09-24-2008, 07:38 AM

vCash: 500
Andrei Kostitsyn is a BEAST! What's even better now is that he's using his size and strength in the corners more effectively, he layed out at least 2 or 3 Sabres last night.

What's more, he really looked like he was trying to be more of a leader during last night's game, much more vocal and was getting involved in all areas of the ice, looks like he's trying to become a much more complete player, not just a scorer...Benoit Brunet mentionned that he thinks AK can score 40 goals this year and i'd have to agree. We're just seeing the tip of the iceberg with him and I didn't even think he was *that* good last night. But the combination of size, speed, hands, agility, offensive awareness that this guy posseses, WOW!

Sergei wasn't as good yesterday but I think it had more to do with timing than anything, not effort, he'll be just fine

I can repeat alot of what I just said about Plekanec, he just keeps getting better and better and people who think he's going to regress or plateau this year just haven't been following this guy's career.

Maxwell is smooth out there on the ice, he reminds me alot of Tanguay actually, they're just always in the right areas of the ice, he knows where to be and where to go...very good player who has a chance to be a wild card on the Habs as they're only true offensive center who is a prospect (though I like Trotter), i'm going to be watching this guy's development very closely this year. With openings down the middle next year, he's got a unique opportunity to do big things.

Pacioretty just has that look of an NHL player, he can skate, pass, shoot, play physical, however, he still needs at least a half year in the AHL but most likely 1 full year. Still raw but he's oozing with potential