View Single Post
Old
09-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Synergy27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Great piece on Rangers.com... EXCEPT IT'S BS!!!

Anyone else see Brad Isbister blow past Redden on a 2 on 1 to create a 2 on 0? Redden followed that stellar performance up by watching Artyukhin blow past him on a 2 on 2 last night. He couldnt even get back to pick up the rebound after Wikki bailed him out. What about this is refreshing? Seems to be the same over hyped under talented player he was in Ott. Only difference is he's a lot richer and is now playing with Gomez and Zherdev who intend to lead the league in turnovers. (yes, it was zherdev who turned it over last night which lead to the 2 on 2)

Story On NewYorkRangers.com:

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ticleid=382644
I didn't see the Isbister play, and while I did see the Arthyukin play, I wasn't really paying all that close attention. I'll reserve judgement until I see a replay (which probably won't happen), but I think you'd do well to consider a couple of what ifs:

1. What if Renney told Redden to avoid getting too physical in the pre-season?
2. What if there was simply a mis-read in the coverage (a typical pre-season gaffe)?
3. What if Brad Isbister was on Ovechkin pills (a joke, relax)?

The point is, and has been made by many others already, that it is pre-season man. None of this matters, and none of the data you are gathering at this time should be extrapolated because these games are in no way indicative of regular season performance. Save your Redden bashing for the games that count.

That actually brings up an interesting question though. How many times do even the best defenseman get "blown by" every year? I mean, are we to condemn the contract after Redden's first offense, or is there some sort of measuring stick we can defer to?

Synergy27 is online now   Reply With Quote