Thread: Hugh Jessimen
View Single Post
Old
09-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
I can't say what will happen with Jessiman, but a guy like Voros score 11 goals in hte AHL when he was about 23 years old - Jessiman score 18. Voros' first NHL game was played when he was 26 years old. Jessiman is currently 24. What am I trying to say? That perhaps this isn't the year, and it may not be the organization, but people have started careers later in life (although perhaps we should wait to see if Voros is beginning his career).

Having said that, Jessiman seems to have several problems. He has the ability to be physical - just doesn't do it enough. He can actually handle the puck pretty well, but just can't always do it well long enough. He has a decent shot, but can't seem to use it enough. He's a decent skater and he has decent size. The mechanics seem to be off, but he does seem to improve year after year - I don't see enough of hockey players go from the ECHL toplaying limited AHL time to playing regular AHL time to continuing to improve at the AHL level to playing in the NHL for the first time at age 26 to make a judgement as to whether or not Jessiman will do that. I can say that his time isn't now.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote