View Single Post
Old
09-24-2008, 02:53 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Nice write up and welcome to the board AGN...

I like Potter, but i need to see more containment from him in front of the net. He has played well though and hes definitely in the running for the 7th spot.

Also agree on all counts for Zherdev, the kid looks like he came to play and judging by what Joe said last night, hes doing everything to get on the right side of his teamattes and coaching staff. Thats good to hear. Theres no doubt the kid has boatloads of talent. I cant wait unitl he gets hot.

The one thing I disagree about is Jamtin. I dont think hes an NHL player. He really didnt impress me at all and was out of position a lot. Given hes never played in this type of system or league... But he needs a good season in the AHL to see what he really has.

I think the guys who are legitimately in the running for a spot that arent considered "locks" in my mind are:

Korpikoski (He's ready IMO), Voros (Big and goes to the net, exactly what the Rangers need) Orr (gets a spot by default), Sjostrom (who i thought had a great game last night), Fritsche (who has to get it going)

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote