View Single Post
Old
09-24-2008, 03:14 PM
darrenturcotte#8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
I saw the first play where Artyuhkin (sp?) blew by him and was shocked. I could care less if this is a preseason game or not, Redden wasn't anywhere close to being able to stop the 6'5" freight train. I find it troubling an NHL veteran defenseman could be burned that badly.

Now, is he a little "rusty"? Maybe or he didn't anticipate the speed of the Artyuhkin and made a mistake which is easily correctable.

Either way, I know I will be keeping a close eye on his play and we'll see where it is when the "real" games start.
FINALLY!!! A voice of reason. I'm not saying the sky is falling and I'm aware its pre season guys. The point is he was BRUTAL as a Sen the past few yrs and these two plays are indicative of his play there. I hated the signing when it was made and this is why. I watched the replay again today and its worse then I thought. On top of 2 big slow F's blowing past him, he also skated right past the rebound that was sitting there. I dont want to be negative but I can't remember a vet d-man getting burned twice in two pre season games that badly by fringe NHLers. Its not like it was Crosby or Ovechkin guys...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote