MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 900
This is on the Flyers' website from yesterday:

Quote:
http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...LPage&id=18891

2:26 p.m.
Flyers forward Simon Gagne is targeting Saturday, September 27 as the date in which he will return to game action when Philadelphia hosts the Carolina Hurricanes at the Wachovia Spectrum at 1:00 p.m. Gagne is with the team this week for its preseason games in Ottawa tonight and London, Ontario tomorrow, but is not scheduled to play.

He spoke with the local media following a skate at Scotiabank Place on Wednesday.

"I would love to play tonight, but I feel I need a little bit more time to practice and get the feeling a little bit," he said.

"It's been awhile [since] I played a game or practiced, and the last time was seven months ago. Having just a couple practices might be a little too early. That's why I'll have an extra five days of practice and by Saturday I think I will be good to go."

Gagne was asked to compare his situation with that of Patrice Bergeron, who, like Gagne, missed most of last season with a concussion. Bergeron played in the Boston Bruins' preseason game on Monday and registered a goal and three assists in an 8-3 win over Montreal.

"First of all, I'm happy for him," said Gagne. "And yes, it helps having someone who went through the same thing and you see he had success right away. Hopefully it will be the same for myself."

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote