View Single Post
Old
09-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Super Berg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindeadalive View Post
It's not out of this world to compare Jeff Carter to O'Sullivan and look at the payday Carter got.

Jeff Carter (23 years old, C/W)
2007-08 82 29-24-53 +6
New contract? $15,000,000 for 3 seasons ($5,000,000 per).

Patrick O'Sullivan (23 years old, W/C)
2007-08 82 22-31-53 -8
Supposed asked starting point? $4,000,000 per.

Yes Carter has 2 more full seasons under his belt, but last year's 53 point season is pretty comparable and I wouldn't be surprised if O'Sullivan's agent has brought up Carter multiple times.
also I am not positive about this as I don't follow the Flyers on a night to night basis, but I am pretty sure Carter is not as good a defensive player than POS. Not even sure if Carter kills penalties on a regular basis.

I agree with others that it would appear that the Kings are being very frugal with POS because they are keeping in mind other players' contracts that needs to be negotiated in the future.

Honestly, just because Brown signed for a bargain price, it doesn't mean every player that comes after would be willing to take a "hometown" discount. I don't think it is fair to expect that to be the case.

I just hope that Sully doesn't miss any time this year and fail to continue his development because of this. He showed by the end of the last season that he is well on his way to becoming an impact player, I really really hope he is not going getting screwed over in his development because of this.

Super Berg is offline   Reply With Quote