View Single Post
Old
09-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
"Play the kids" was your position for a long time and the veterans were roster pluggers. Now they are there to create competition which was the right answer all along.
I'm all for "play the kids", always have been and always will.

My roster wish list in the other thread had both Mitchell and Williams on my 4th line if I had my way. I had the youngest wish list roster as anyone including Tlusty, Grabs and Kulemin up front and Stralman, Carlo and Schenn on D.

I had Blake and Bell tossed on waivers to dispose of them to make room, and other vets traded, but you cried and complained that I can't have that and they need to stay. You have to make up your mind if your accusing me on not wanting to play the kids now as my position has never changed.

TSN panel discussed this yesterday during the game that Fletcher didn't cut it to the bone deep enough, and left too many vets standing for a team looking for a Top pick in 2009. I agree with them but then again realize some of the players staying is simply a case of no market rather than no desire to move them out.