View Single Post
Old
09-26-2008, 08:25 AM
braindead

vCash: 500
Not much to add as I agree with most of Stranger's report. I thought Ryan Jones was at least as good as in the rookie game. I agree with p24's Holmstrom comparison-- he goes to the net strong, he can tip shots and he can mix it up.... not sure at all that he is ready for top 6 minutes but I thought he had a better game than noted above. Hornqvist, on the other hand, looks like he clearly is ready. He was one of our best players.

Ugly game to watch.

Blum was better than Sulzer and Laakso. I tend to disagree with them quietly doing their job and would list them as merely adequate. I was disappointed but more so in Laakso.

Rinne: good. Dekanich: very good.

Wilson: played himself out of the Hordy replacement role, assuming he was ever in the battle.

Very solid/ favorably impressed: Ward (think Smithson), Peverly (good showing).

I'd come close to adding Ryan to the list of very solid also.

Klein had, at times, a very good game. He still had some lazy in his game at times I thought. Then again, it's pre-season. There was plenty of "conservation of energy" from our veterans. DeVries looks like he may take 15 games to get the bones moving again this year--he was SLLLOOOOWWWW. He made Bonk look slightly less bad.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote