View Single Post
Old
09-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Panopticon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I was disappointed but more so in Laakso.

So... why exactly? What did he do wrong or what did he lack? Or was he just nervous like Trotz said in an interview about him and Sulzer?

Not that I really expected him wow anyone there, but I just feel like it sometimes that people who are giving him credit usually say why (like you yourself did, after the rookie game), whereas guys who are putting him down only say "I was disappointed in Laakso", but never say why. Is he too slow, too soft, too out of position, not flashy enough, letting everyone skate around him in circles or what?

Now this is what you said after the rookie game:
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Teemu Laakso- the best Dman to me. Like Thuresson, he played at a higher speed than anyone else. He was very aware and positionally sound. He passes quickly and showed good vision and accuracy. Very good on the PK. I was impressed. He is bigger than I expected, too. I'd like to see him in a pre-season game for sure.
What changed?

If that shift chart is correct, I don't think that was even really a fair chance to really show anything. The guy played almost as many shifts as Sulzer but difference in TOI was 10 minutes. Laakso had really short shifts most of the time. You can't really get in the flow of the game like that. The guy's used to playing 20+ minutes per game. Sometimes over 30.

Oh, and in whatever way this post comes out, I'm merely interested in him and how he's doing over there and not being able to see the games myself, I'd just appreciate more detail.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote