View Single Post
Old
09-26-2008, 12:49 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Problem: Carbo is a very, VERY fair coach.

Grabovski was given his chance. A solid one at the beginning of the season. With Kovalev. For many games. He blew it.

Then, he plays a few games (where his play was questionnable at best), is an healthy scratch and pulls that plane nonsense, something which seasoned vets who wons cups wouldn't even dare do (Brisebois, Dandenault).

After that, you wonder why he wasn't liked in the organisation? He had the same progression as Andrei Kostitsyn and Tomas Plekanec, who stayed in the AHL for quite some time before coming to Montreal, only to play sporadically at first and then through hard work establish themselves as important players. Grabovski thought he desserved a short cut or something.

Let's just say that when you play for Carbonneau and Gainey, and you think Me before Team, you start with 2 strikes.

I don't think the guy failed or blew a chance or anything that clear cut. He got a good look and they decided they needed more of an impact than he could bring. He wasn't really unique when compared to the rest of the team though he had some talent. I don't know what Grabo thought, but if he felt that he wouldn't make it here and was frustrated, then all parties are better served by his being moved.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote