View Single Post
Old
06-26-2004, 04:10 PM
WuRtZLeSs

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
I was a bit apprehensive about the Radulov selection to begin with, as it fails to address a key organizational need: quality center-men. But the more I think about it, the more I like the selection. Radulov has tremendous offensive upside, he's expressed a willingness to come over to North America and play in junior like his brother and Shishkanov before him.. all of which bodes well for his development. Radulov represents a change in the organization I believe, Chipchura was there and Poile and crew decided to pass on him for a higher upside/bigger risk player.. and it's certainly commendable. If the organization grooms Radulov to plan and he reaches his true potential, the organization strikes out over Chipchura - whose basically topped out as a third line center-men with limited offensive potential.

Radulov has the potential to accomplish great things for Nashville, and it's a good selection as Radulov will have all the pieces of the puzzle to play alongside with in Nashville: outstanding puck-moving defensemen (Hamhuis, Suter, etc.), grinders who can chip in offensively (Hartnell, Upshall, etc.), and solid playmakers (Erat, Legwand, etc.). All the pieces are there for Nashville, and hopefully the rise to prominence of such players as Shishkanov and Radulov will cap off the excellent job done by Poile and crew in building this wonderful foundation. The addition of a sniper of Radulov's qualities definitely bodes well for Nashville's chances at finding that game-breaker.. and hopefully, Radulov becomes one of many.

Quote:
Central Scouting Report: Ranked 9th for European skaters... a good skater with balance and agility...strong in his skates...has a good selection of shots...a natural scorer...a good puckhandler...good overall skill level...a dependable player with soft hands and good vision...creates scoring chances for himself and teammates with quick moves in the offensive zone...likes to play at top speed...an emotional player with very good work ethic...needs to bulk up...a natural scorer.
Quote:
TSN.Ca Lowdown: Is the younger brother of former third-round pick Igor Radulov, who has nine goals in 43 games over two seasons with the Chicago Blackhawks. Speedy skater who excels in 1-on-1 situations, some question his desire when things get physical. Ranked ninth among European prospects by NHL Central Scouting, down two spots from midseason. Has a lot of work to do on his defensive game, preferring to hang around for breakout passes. Averaged a point per game in helping Russia win the gold medal at the World Under-18 Championships. Needs to control his emotions after a few run-ins with referees.