View Single Post
Old
09-27-2008, 11:31 AM
draeko17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
I've only been able to watch the first period so far, but there's alot more to be positive about tonight. Who was it that gave the puck away up the middle in the first? Schenn or Dido? They were side by side and it caused a great scoring chance. My thoughts from the first period.

Schenn looks fantastic one on one and when he has easy outlet options. His positioning is starting off really well, but he has a tendency to get lost on the ice. He plays well positionally man on man though, it's afterwards that causes problems, and we've done a very good job of covering eachother. It's the zone stuff he seems to have trouble with and that's only after he initially plays his man well. I think he should play here. It's the speed that is causing some of his turn-overs and the positioning issues, which aren't awful, but are noticeable. Those won't improve in junior, since he won't have the speed to contend with.

Dido - Looks promising, clearly not ready at the moment, but has strong puck skills and alot of promise. Roams the ice well, showed some grit.

Earl - I wish he would get a legit look this year. If he upped his physical game it'd be hard to keep him off the roster, but right now he's like a Moore/Deveraux where they skate well, but don't throw their weight around a ton for energy players.

Hagman's line looked very good, seem to work off eachother well. All seem to be strong physically and have good movement on the ice. I'd like to see them stay together.

Antro's line seemed to be ineffective. Not sure these players fit together.

White looks awful, misses his man far too often and isn't really strong offensively.
And it's Earl's physical game that has stood out for me. There were a couple of times that he just missed some of the hits he seemed to be aiming for and one where I actually thought he left his feet a bit (missed the hit anyway) but he seems to be trying to play with a bit of an edge.

draeko17 is offline   Reply With Quote