View Single Post
Old
09-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMailloux View Post
I don't want to blame him for his faceoff, but ppl were saying this is why carbo sent him back to the AHL last year. He's a great player but the truth is if our 3rd line is Lats - Lang - S.K, i think they will play alot more than last year, the 4th line won't play much, we will want energy player on that 4th line. Anyway, i just wanted to explain that its completly understandable for Carbo not to use Chippy over lets say Begin/Kosto - Lapierre - Laraque/Dandy. He his still young and that he can still devellop alright by playing in the AHL. Im sure Gainey would never send kosto or dandy in the AHL.
On most teams, I'd agree, but Carbonneau has shown, since taking over the team, that he likes rotating 4 lines. The additional ice time is earned on the special teams. Chipchura would be very useful on the PK.

As for the reasons for being sent down last year, it was due to his face-off % being at around 40% as at that time, he was largely outplaying Lapierre. He went to Hamilton and worked on that aspect of his game. I don't see why we would think that there wouldn't be an improvement.

Don't get me wrong, I like Lapierre, but I feel that we should get rid of Dandenault and keep Chipper up in Montreal, rotating him and Lapierre on the fourth line, get them to earn their spot.