Thread: Yannick Weber
View Single Post
Old
09-29-2008, 09:30 PM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheli24 View Post
This kid has looked fantastic. Great skater, passer and poised with a rocket for a shot. Anyone else think he could (should) be manning the point on the PP for the Habs this season?
I was lambasted by a few of the crustier Habs HF denizens (not whitesnake btw whose opinion I respect) for daring to choose Weber higher up the ladder on the prospects list. The kid is a legit prospect that maybe does not get the recognition from fans outside the OHL

Having said that I think that Weber starts the year in the AHL with the knowledge that he has made an impression on the brass of the Habs. They will allow him to develop his D game at the minor pro level and he will be available if some kind of disaster strike the regulars

The kid is an offensive D guy as he has clearly demonstrated. He has lots of skills that will develop into a good pro career. Possibly as soon as next year as a regular.

BTW no Knights fan likes the Kitchener rangers, but you have to appreciate talent when you see it. Especially a habs draft pick!

PS: while Bogosian Doughty and Pietrangelo got the press for D, I think Weber was a perfect fit for the habs style. something folks overlook

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote