Thread: WCHA Thread
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2008, 03:18 PM
RabidBadger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
That's a pretty good assessment and I agree with much of what you've said. But I don't think the Gophers are going to be as bad as you're making them out to be. And two immediate reasons come to mind: 1) Ryan Stoa's return. He's going to bring a lot to the Gophers this year, and it's not all just going to be on the scoresheet either. 2) An excellent, albeit VERY large freshman class. Once the youngsters get adjusted and acclimated to the pace of the college game, they should become indispensable contributors that will provide added depth at all positions. Don't be too surprised at the end of the year to see Schroeder and Ness on the All-Rookie team and battling for WCHA Rookie of the Year honors.

In addition, they may have lost Mike Guentzel (props to CC for picking up one of the best assistants and all-around good guys in the WCHA), but they gain Mike Hastings. If you've ever followed Hastings when he ran the show in Omaha (USHL), you'd know that he gets results.

One question I do have for you in regards to your boys is this: Do you think that the Huskies will be able to balance out their scoring more upfront this year, especially with the losses of Nodl and Hartman? Why or why not?

I could take a crack at that question but "my boys" are in Madison and RabidHusky did not do the preview. Maybe my dog avatar and rabidness threw you off. Bucky's offense will be nicely balanced, however

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote