Thread: Guys...
View Single Post
Old
06-27-2004, 09:29 PM
markov`

vCash: 500
Guys...

Guys...let's assume we'll see hockey next year, and that Kovalev re-sign. Okay that's a lot of "if" but that's possible. Maybe not a full season, but 50 games? And for Kovy, I think he'll test the market but he'll come back in Montreal. Nobody will offer him more than Gainey because Gainey knows that Kovy likes Montreal, play well with Saku, etc.

So, let's assume all that. We will gonna have one heck of a team, the best in years. We just need a "rookie stand-out" a la Ryder or Ribeiro. I think Higgins is the best candidate. I'm looking forward to see him on the 2nd line. If Kovalev and Koivu are united all season long, I think both could be on the top 10 scorers. Look at what they did in playoffs. Michael Ryder and Mike Ribeiro will gain some experience, same with Begin, Ward, Bulis and, say, Higgins. And Bonk will give us a real good depth - we could have three lines that can score. Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom shouldn't be bad at all, those three player can shut down and create some offense. We seem to forget that Sundstrom played with Wayne Gretzky when he was 23 I think.

On D, Komisarek will become a top-pairing defenseman this year. I really think he will emerge. If Souray can play like he did last year, and Rivet like he did in the playoffs, we will have a really good D core.

If there's a next season, I predict we will battle for the North-East title with the Sens. Depends what happen with Kovy.

What do you think?