Thread: WCHA Thread
View Single Post
Old
10-01-2008, 03:40 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
One question I do have for you in regards to your boys is this: Do you think that the Huskies will be able to balance out their scoring more upfront this year, especially with the losses of Nodl and Hartman? Why or why not?
I'll take it RB.

I think the scoring will be more balenced this year and I expect SCSU to score a lot more even strength goals than they did last year.
Nodl is the big loss but he never shows up in any big game SCSU played and that really hurt us. Hartman is a loss as far as hustle but not really for scoring, he only potted 7 last year. Dey put in 10 but he could have had a lot more if he'd realized he had more time to shoot than he thought he does.
What SCSU does have is a guy in Aaron Marvin who should be the #1 center this year after playing on the 3rd line all year. He'll also get a lot of PP time and with his hands and size he could be a huge asset up front.
Also I think SCSU has 2 freshman who could make huge impacts in LeBlanc and Christian. Leblanc is a playmaker who could fit in wonderfully with Lasch and give him a puck feeder he's never had on his line. He's also got decent size (5'11 180) so he should have no problems with the riggors of the league.
Christian is a player in the Lasch mold, smaller but not afraid at all to into high traffic areas and pot the puck. He was the focal point of his junior team last year as he was basically the only one who could score but no one seemed to stop him. Both of them should hit the ground running.
Add in returnees like Mosey and Swanson and SCSU could have more depth up front than we've seen in years and we certainly have the most talent we've had at forward since guys like Hartigan and Malone left.

Rabid Husky is online now   Reply With Quote