Thread: o'byrne
View Single Post
Old
10-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Puckhead58*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTX View Post
Is it only me or this guy is often out of position, take some bad penalites?

Is there a chance this guy doesnt make the team right away this year and goes to Hamilton to get in confidence back?

I dont know what happen with him since last year but this preseason his plays has been more than average and he no longer deserve to be a top 6 defender with the habs right now.

The way I look at O'Byrne is that he is a work in progress. He doesn't deserve a regular roster spot because he still has a lot to learn and still has to improve a lot of different aspects of his game. If he can't get it together quick enough and make some serious improvement, he should go back to Hamilton where he can work on things and gain some confidence. We can't afford to have him in the lineup if he is going to make more mistakes than Brisebois and we don't want to keep him up with the team and sit him in the press box....that won't help him.

I'd say give him 10 games or so to see what he can do and to see if he can improve in such a short period of time and if he can, keep him in the lineup, but if he doesn't improve, send him to Hamilton where he has no pressure and where he can work on his game.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote