View Single Post
Old
06-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Thomas

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Thomas
I think he will stay while taking a pay cut (not qualify him and sign him after). We have very limited RW depth, and Sundstrom can fill in a 2nd, 3rd and 4th line job when he has too. If hes signed at about $1.3-1.5M I think he would be a great player to match with Bonk, at least he has an offensive game.

Higgins, Hossa and Plekanec are all C/LW and you dont want a rookie to have to play their off wing when trying to adjust to the NHL. I highly doubt CJ tries them on the right. Bulis has always been a C/LW, I dont think he has ever played on the right (maybe in washington), so I think we will see him on the left. Ward isnt exactly 3rd line material over a whole season, hes a good energy player to have on the 4th with Begin.

Sundstrom is able to fill in that RW spot and play a two-way game along with Bonk. Laperierre can play RW if hes signed, but it depends what Gainey and CJ have planned for that 3rd line, because Laperierre doesnt have the offensive skills Sundstrom has shown.

I think it comes down to CJ whether he wants him back or not and whether Gainey thinks there may be a better player for that 3rd line RW on the free market.