View Single Post
Old
10-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I don't know what to say about our third and fourth lines. You would think with Tootoo and Tarnasky out there, you could put any of the three centers - Fiddler/Bonk/Nichol and it would work. My hunch is that when Tarnasky is ready, Smithson and Peverly will be on the bench. I can't see us benching Fiddler, and I think the coaching staff has a lot of faith in Radek Bonk.

With that in mind and a completely healthy lineup, I would probably say the lines look like this

Pihlstrom - Fiddler - Bonk (line 3)
Tarnasky - Nichol - Tootoo (line 4)

Line 3 would obvisouly be more scoring focused, while line 4 would be an energy line with a little bit of scoring pop due to the speed. I thought at the time, and it has now become clear by Poile's comments, that Tarnasky was acquired to put some size on our smaller/aggressive hitters. I like the idea, and I think it is about time we added some strength to our lower lines, especially when you consider how weak they have been at holding onto the puck at even strength last season.
Smithson was just signed to an extentsion and was lauded for being one of the top penalty killers in the Western Conference. Don't think he is really on the outside looking in. Jerred has actually had an extra bounce in his step thus far and is taking the body at every opportunity.

Nichol is one of the top faceoff men in the league and an excellent penalty killer. He will be in the lineup.

Pihlstrom and Peverley are my two on the outside looking in...although I hate leaving them both out of the lineup.

Really, Bonk and Fiddler are the two clogging the lineup IMO...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote