View Single Post
Old
10-01-2008, 07:01 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
I agree. To me from the outside looking in this seems to be headed towards a similiar situation as 06-07 when we had been a good team but never a great team for a few years and leoipold said screw it I'm going for all the marables this year and spends more than he can afford. Don't get me wrong I'm not one of those naive fans who just thinks the owners should spend tons of money. I understand how the business works but until ownership commits more money than they are comfortable with and supplement our great young D and great role playing forwards we have this team will never be more than "hardworking" and "overachievers". Don't get me wrong that type of team is fun to watch but unless we actually make the playoffs (which will be tough this year) and get REALLY hot at the right time this team will never be a true threat. Just look at the past few years when teams have made it far into the playoffs. All the teams have been the most talented in the league for the most part. ( with the exception of the 05-06 oilers)

Mabye I am way off base here and without a doubt it is easy to say spend more millions when it isnt your money you are spending. I obviously appreciate everything the owners have done. IMO we will never be able to take the next step until owners open up their pocketbook a little. Of course we need to hit 14K paid to really have any right to ask them to spend more next year I guess. The rollercoaster never ends....

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote