View Single Post
Old
10-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post
That's what Ohlund is very effective at (shots in the slot, going back door etc)...

Our PP would be better for it to have Demitra running a unit himself on the 2nd unit, rather than playing 2nd fiddle to Hank on the 1st unit.

Think about how the Sedins play the PP, when the PK starts keeping a guy up high on Salo to eliminate the shot, the Sedins open up down low and create the down low cross crease stuff... When the PK comes down low to support, they pop it up to Salo for the Bomb.

I'm not sure Demitra's talent would be maximized on the top unit, like it would on the 2nd.

what do ya think..

having said that... you know we're going to eventually see it anyway...
I understand that, and I've been leaning towards balance more too, but I still think that Demitra would help the 1st unit tremendously. I remember that unit struggling when Morrison was moved to the 2nd unit-- it couldn't get into the zone, and once it got set up, rarely got any real chances unless Morrison was driving the slot (even WITH Ohlund in that role-- he only does it every once in a while it seems). I seem to remember them putting Raymond on that point for a while for the SOLE purpose of having him gain the zone as well.

Sure, Demitra would balance out the 2nd unit nicely, but with powerplays, I tend to favor overwhelming firepower on one super-unit that you're SURE can get something done over two balanced units who may or may not be useful. Demitra would be a tremendous presence on that point, even without utilizing his quarterbacking ability.

Unless we have a guy like Jovanovski, I just like the idea of having a rushing forward on the point.

I just don't see Demitra singlehandedly turning the Raymond-Kesler-Pyatt unit into much of a more effective unit either (not as much as the difference it would make for the Sedins, IMO).

I dunno. It's just a feeling.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote